Sustainable Palm Oil Sourcing Policy
Just Oil and Grain Pte Ltd
Just Oil & Grain (JOG) primarily operates in the international trading, procurement and distribution of palm oil.
Palm oil is the most widely used vegetable oil in the world, with the highest yield per hectare. JOG recognizes the importance of sustainable sourcing of its palm oil products and believes that the whole supply chain should be environmentally sustainable and economically beneficial to local communities and parties involved.
Whenever possible, JOG strives to source palm oil that is certified by an internationally recognized certification standard.
JOG will continuously make efforts to set and achieve our sustainability goals and share our progress with our stakeholders.
Our policy is developed with the aim of ensuring that JOG’s business activities will contribute to creating and enhancing positive social and environmental impacts. By adhering to this policy, JOG hopes to lower both financial and reputational risks for its customers and stakeholders.
JOG has been a member of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) since 2006. JOG has also been awarded the Global Trader Programme (GTP) status by the Government of Singapore (International Enterprise Singapore) in year 2005.
This policy applies to all palm products that JOG trades from its existing and potential third party new suppliers. JOG continues to develop and enhance its commitment to sustainable palm oil sourcing based on following criteria:
- To support and ensure no deforestation through the conservation of High Carbon Stock (HCS) forests and to ensure the protection of peat areas regardless of depth
- To support practices that aim to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions
- To support human rights standards that respect the rights of workers in the oil and grain industry, including all indigenous people and local communities, and to ensure the adherence of the Free Prior Informed Consent (FPIC) principles
- To comply to legal and national laws
- To strive to build the continuous traceability and transparency of supply chains
JOG supports the following principles and the adoption and adherence of these principles below are under the discretion of JOG’s third party suppliers:
- Forest and Biodiversity Preservation
- No deforestation or conversion of High Conservation Value (HCV) areas as defined by Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
- No deforestation or conversion of High Carbon Stock (HCS) forests as defined by the HCS Approach Steering Group (SG)
- Reduction of GHG Emissions
- No use of fire in land preparation including planting and replanting
- No deforestation or conversion of peatlands, regardless of depth
- Human Rights and Community Protection
- Respect of local and indigenous community rights and application of Free, Prior & Informed Consent (FPIC) for land that have and are to be traded by JOG
- Prohibit use of forced and child labour and human trafficking by International Labour Organization (ILO) standards and national laws.
- Prohibit use of discrimination and harassment of workers
- Provision of a healthy and safe workplace for workers
- Legal Compliance
- Compliance with all relevant national and local laws
- Traceability and Transparency
- Continue to increase and promote the use of certified palm oil to our customers
Sustainability is a journey. JOG will continue to encourage and support its suppliers to have their palm oil certified. With the engagements of multiple stakeholders and the latest market trends and information, JOG will continue to assess and review our implementation process of this policy. In the coming years, JOG hopes to significantly improve the ratio of the certified palm oil that we trade, along with the transparency of our supply chain.